Information


24 November, 2013

Recipe #7: Fennel-Coco-Sesame-Sauce

I got some fennel in my vegetable box today. It's a box I get every Thursday and is filled with fruits and vegetables. Sadly I don't like fennel at all. But my mom loves it. So I thought about something I could cook for her and put it into the fridge until she comes to my home. I decided to make a sauce.
Since I had coconut milk left I wanted to use it for the sauce.


For two persons you need:
1 fennel
3-4 garlic cloves
1-2tbsp. sesame
250ml coconut milk
300ml fish bouillon [use vegetable bouillon if you're vegan/vegetarian]
sesame oil
pepper, salt

Cut the fennel in very thin stripes. Chop the garlic and fry it with the sesame (in sesame oil) in a cooking pot. Afer about 2 minutes add the fennel and fry it until it becomes transparent. Add the bouillon and the coconut milk. Stir it and add salt and pepper. Cook it until the fennel is soft and done. If the sauce is a bit too thin add some cold water you added flour to.
It might take (depending on how thick you cut the fennel) 10~15minutes until everything is done.
If you like to, also add a bit of the herbs from the fennel.


As I said I don't like fennel but this tastes so good! I want to eat it myself!

I hope you like it as well

Ageha ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment